Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I go to the wood and she to the sea...


I go to the wood and she to the sea
In miles she travels away from me
But distance is a measure for a lesser kind
For people like us… we’re always near as our mind
So now… when in my thoughts you wander
It’s of a salty and sun baked you I will ponder
When the cool night blows tropical scents
Close your eyes and escape from events
Of the ocean’s perfumed air breathe in deep
Listen intently to the waves shoreline leap
In that moment... feel me there
Your hand in mine and minds joined through air
She heads to the sun… the sand… and the sea

I go to the Nor’wood cool crisp and alight
Further than far and more far than tonight
As the lonely loon cries at the sky.....
As fire warms those nearby......
My eyes will close and my mind will free
Focus hard on the loon’s primitive plea
I will inhale the smoky crisp air
And in that moment imagine you there
I go to the wood and she to the sea

Uncail Ruadh October 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home